Thursday, September 19, 2013

runDisney Dopey Challenge Training Plan Update with a sprinkle of NASCAR!


On the agenda for Sunday!
     On any other week before a Half Marathon, I would be slowing it down just a bit. Not this week. In fact, I'm starting Week 12 of my runDisney Walt Disney World Dopey Challenge Training and I'm actually "upping" the mileage. My schedule calls for adding in another day this week. That will make (2) 30-45 minute runs or (2) 3-4 mile runs (which ever comes first) and ending the week with a 13.1 mile run. 

     As I've said before, I'm tweaking the Jeff Galloway plan just a bit to work around my schedule and I'm also not really planning on walking any of the races so I'm trying to run a little slower on the "walk days". 

     I've scheduled to run the Talladega Half Marathon on Sunday. Just me and my running shoes hitting the NASCAR track...YESSSSSS!!!  I've ran this race a few times before and I really enjoyed it, so why not get my 13 mile training run in and get a medal too?!?! Plus, lots of my running buddies will be there, so it's a no-brainer...Bring on the Nascar Bling!! 

Week 11 in the books and Week 12 in Progress!

Week 11
9/10 Tuesday--30-45 Minutes
9/12 Thursday--30-45 Minutes
9/14 Saturday--3 Miles

Week 12
9/17 Tuesday--30-45 Minutes
9/19 Thursday--30-45 Minutes
9/21 Saturday--4 Miles (Walk)
9/22 Sunday--13.1 Miles--Talladega Half Marathon

*Go here to view my entire Walt Disney World Dopey Challenge Training Plan.

Happy running this week and I'll  RACE you to the Castle! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment