Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Volleyball Mom Smacked in the Head


Congrats to my girl and her team...3rd Place!
     We spent ALL weekend last weekend at a volleyball tournament for my 8th Grader...EXHAUSTING, but really EXCITING! Both of my girls are on the Middle School teams, one on the 7th grade team and one on the 8th grade team. I think we have games every night of the week for the next 3-4 weeks. That is the exhausing part. Woah.

 
Love to watch her serve!
       Now for the exciting part.....
 I was sitting on the front row and got side-smacked with a ball right in the face coming at me one hundred miles an hour. I'm not kidding. It was faaaaassstttt. That ball smacked me upside the head. I haven't been right since Saturday. Hello. It's now Wednesday!
 Seriously?!?! Did this just happen???
Cried all of my makeup off. It HURT. :(
     I did manage to get an 11 mile Dopey Challenge training run in last Sunday...ON THE TREADMILL. Omg. I didn't want to stray too far from home though, just in case something were to happen from the hit. I've  had a headache ever since the ball mishap that I just can't shake. Seriously?? Hit in the head?? I guess it's kind of funny. Maybe.  I do like to laugh at myself but really, this might just be the DUMBEST thing that has ever happened to me.

     Back to my girl...I'm super proud of her and her team! They've come a long way from their 7th grade days and I can't wait to see how they finish off the season. They are off to a GREAT start!

     We've got games the rest of this week and finishing our week with another tournament. Umm...I think I'll move a few rows back this time. ;)
 Lindy in action!

 She loves this sport!

 Congrats to the HMS 8th Grade Volleyball team!

**Have you ever had a sideline injury??

No comments:

Post a Comment