Wednesday, October 28, 2015

My Heal Blade Review.....Hurts SOOOOOO GOOD!


The Biggest Loser Half Marathon Finisher
Mobile, Al. 
     A few months back, I ran the The Biggest Loser Half MarathonBiggest in Mobile, Al....Super fun race with an awesome course through beautiful downtown Mobile.  Several of the members from the television show were on hand cheering on the runners, speaking at the expo and there for overall moral support. So cool! This was my second year in a row to run this race so I like to refer to myself as an official "Biggest Loser" now. ;))  However, this was by far one of the MOST HUMID races that I have ever ran. Good grief. I was SOAKED at the finish. Again, my soaking wet finish line photos...Biggest Soaking Wet Loser, yeah that's me! LoL.

     Loved the race. Loved the Bling!

     My time wasn't the best that I've ever ran but I was proud of it. Just the day before I had ran the Statue to Statue 15K in Birmingham, Al. This race is known as the "South's toughest 15K." Seriously. I believe that. The hills are just stupid steep. 

     My legs were on fire. My legs were sore. My legs were just mad.

2:19 Finish
Not bad after completing Statue to Statue 15K the day before.
      After I crossed the finish line, I walked around to all of the vendors and sponsor booths checking out all of the new products, Biggest Loser Merch and medal photo opp spots. Oh yeah, I ate like a horse too. That Sargento Cheese and giant tangerines at the finish never stood a chance. ;)
Introducing The Heal Blade
     One of the coolest things that I came across at one of the vendor booths was this little gadget called The Heal Blade. I am ALL ABOUT my foam roller and my Stick so I wasn't sure how this guy would stack up against those two.

     By looking at it, I was a little weary. Compared to my foam roller, this fella was tiny.
Oh WOW. This hurts SOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD.

     The girl that was working at the booth happened to be part owner of the company and was more than helpful in properly demonstrating this tool for me. She made me sit directly across from her. She applied a light amount of lotion on my leg and then began to use The Heal Blade.

     Why the lotion?
     She said that the lotion (or use could use any type of lubricant) aids in reaching those deep muscles and allows The Heal Blade to be used smoothly.  It's one of those things that when you first begin to use it. OUCH. The more you use it, the more you massage, the more you reach those deep muscles....It felt GREAT! I love the picture above though. It totally captures the initial feeling. Hello tight muscles...what did I expect?? I need this fella in my life everyday.

One of the most common questions about the Heal Blade:


DOES HEAL BLADE HELP PLANTAR FASCIITIS?
YES! 
Plantar Fascitis is a syndrome of acute and chronic pain of the heel and bottom of the foot (the arch). The pain can be from over use tendonitis, heel spurs, calcification or tendonosis. Very often, the pain that is felt over the heel and arch of the foot actually originates from the lower leg! The calf muscles are made up of the superficial gastrocnemius and the deeper soleus muscles.  The tendonous portion of these muscles combine to form the Achilles tendon which inserts into the calcaneous (heel).  Strains, tightness and rigidity of these tissues can ultimately lead to heel and plantar foot pain.  It is therefore of great benefit to treat these lower leg tissues to prevent pain but also to treat pain and enhance recovery.


After the initial first use, my legs and sore muscles realize 
just how much they love this little gadget.


More Info on The Heal Blade:

HEALTHCARE:
The Heal Blade provides myofascial scraping, release and trigger point therapy by segmentally elongating muscle bundles and deep tissue pressure. Because of it's unique design qualities, the Heal Blade can simultaneously release multiple lesions in minimal time with virtually no physical effort.

SPORT:
The Heal Blade is fastly becoming a standard training device at each level of every sport. Pre-activity stretching of muscle, without hyper-extending the joint, is a benefit beyond measure in certain sports. Post-activity use of the Heal Blade enhances and accelerates muscle recovery, which leads to elevation of performance. Professionals report that strength, flexibility, and endurance occur naturally with release of the myofascia and inactivation of offending trigger points. The Heal Blade is strategically designed with convex/concave surfaces as well as contoured edges making it easy to reach most muscle groups.  With this in mind, the Heal Blade is offered in one universal size.

OCCUPATIONAL:

The majority of occupational injuries are musculoskeletal in nature. These injuries have gradually reached such mammoth proportions that some authorities label them a public health crisis. Today, many companies are turning to wellness programs as an investment in protecting human capital. They are searching for productive programs that combine minimal capital outlay, small investments of time, with ease of application. It is a physiological fact that warm muscle works better than cool muscle. Muscle is best warmed by the increase of circulation.  The Heal Blade is designed to prepare muscle for work and to improve circulation and muscle compliance at the work station. Our mission is to provide the worker with the methods to feel better, work harder, last longer and recover faster.

     Using The Heal Blade after a race was great but where I have REALLY found this tool to be beneficial was after I broke my fibula. My leg has been immobilized for six weeks and my muscles are super TIGHT. After using The Heal Blade just a few times, I felt those tendons and ligaments loosening up. Seriously, I needed that. My puppies like me using it too. :)) #FloorTime


     I encourage all of my runner and sporty friends (and especially those with Plantar Fasciatis) to give the Heal Blade a try. My legs feel great and my muscles are DEFINITELY not as tight as they were prior to using this little gem.

For more information on the Heal Blade please visit www.healblade.com.

Happy Running, Happy Healing and Happy Blading. ;)

Disclaimer: I was provided a Heal Blade for my own testing and usage in return for my honest review. I am a fan of this product and will definitely recommend it to my athletic friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment