Saturday, February 27, 2016

My Mizuno Paradox 2 Shoe Review #MilesChangeYou

Mizuno  Paradox 2
     
After running Dopey Challenge and LOTS of miles in 2015, my shoes have HAD it. I knew going into Mercedes Half Marathon Weekend that I needed a new pair of shoes. I shopped around at the expo because I knew that my local running store was going to have a fabulous sale and I wanted to take advantage of that!

     I was correct! There was a great sale at the expo and I found the shoes that I've had my eye on. I wanted a pair of the new Mizuno Paradox 2's. I had read that they had a really wide toebox and I love that. I have wide feet so this is right up my alley. I ended up not wearing them during Mercedes Half because I tried out a friends' Hoka One One shoes....I saved my new kicks for the following weekend.

     I will admit that I'm not loyal to one shoe brand...there are just so many great brands out there. However, I will say that I'm a total Mizuno fangirl. These are my 6th pair within two years. I think I've tried them all....Wave Rider, Wave Enigma, Wave Inspire etc. I have a pair of Wave Catalyst on the way to my house too! ;)

     I bought the Silver and Dark Shadow (Green) combo. I was going to be a mermaid the following weekend at Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend so as much as I needed a functional shoe, I needed one that would match my sea legs too. Right?!? #Priorities.

     Here's a little more technical information about this shoe.....

WAVE PARADOX 2: NIMBLE MEETS STABLE

The Wave Paradox 2 is a popular lightweight women’s running shoe with a wide toe box. Offering both structure and cushion while providing a light and sleek ride, the Wave Paradox 2 redefines maximum stability.

Durability + Flexibility:

One of the features of the Wave Paradox 2 is an additional millimeter of blown rubber on a refined outsole. This provides you with a better underfoot feel and increased durability without sacrificing flexibility.

Key Features:

  • A PU printed design wraps around the heel and midfoot for a lightweight yet structural upper.
  • This shoe features a Double Fan Wave in the heel for maximum support and an Articulated Wave in the forefoot for maximum cushioning and minimal forefoot rigidity.
  • An additional millimeter of blown rubber on a redefined outsole means a better underfoot feel and increased durability, without sacrificing flexibility.
  • Ramp: 12mm
Feeling like a Mermaid Rockstar in my new Kicks!
     My Review?? Oh my gosh. I loved them. They were super comfy and super cush.  Normally if shoes are too tight for me, my pinky toes start screaming at me. I crossed the finish line of Disney's Princess Half Marathon and my pinky toes were completely happy. :)) I can't wait to put some serious Spring miles on them. :)))
Mickey Mouse Aprroves of my new Mizuno's!

Mile 5..Fantasyland in Magic Kingdom!
     Although I needed a pair of shoes that I could wear with almost any running outfit or color, I've noticed on the Mizuno website that there are a few new colors for this model..a pink and a purple. I think a new Spring color will be calling my name soon. I like bright. :)

     One thing that I've learned about running....investing in good running shoes is never a bad idea.  All of the training in the world will do you no good if your feet are killing you because of worn out shoes! 

Look for a review of my Mizuno Wave Catalyst coming soon.

Happy Running, Happy Destination Running and Happy New Spring Running Shoe Shopping. :))

For more information on these Mizuno shoes and others, please visit MizunoUsa.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment