Thursday, September 20, 2012

Rev up your engines!!!

So Sunday was not just your ordinary race, it was 13.1 miles around the Talladega SuperSpeedway in Talladega, Alabama. YAY for NASCAR!

I have ran this race a couple of times and it's really one of my all-time faves. For starters, we start on the track. Yep that's right. On the track! We run a couple of miles around and then we are taken out towards the parking lots where we run approximately 6 miles and then led into the grandstands!

Running through the grandstands where all of the spectators sit and watch the races gives it a whole new perspective. Supercool!

From the grandstands we are led around the track and then back onto pit row for the FINISH! We finish where the NASCAR drivers come in for pit stops! I love this race! I even spotted Olympian, Bill Rogers!

The post race party is always excellent and just what you would expect from a Bama race, live music, lots of beer and great BBQ.










As always, I had lots of friends and family to run with which makes my hobby so much more fun!
Already putting Talladega Half on my calendar for next year... It's Dega Baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment