Friday, June 13, 2014

Running Under Rainbows: A Sappy Post


     It's after 10:30pm, just finished watching two episodes of Once Upon A Time with my kids, cleaned the kitchen and have one load of laundry to get finished up before I head to bed. (Waiting on them to dry so I've got 46 minutes to be exact). 

     It's not often that I decide to write a blog post about sappy things but earlier tonight I was all wacked out because the hubby wanted to run on the treadmill and I wanted to run outside...he sprung it on me that we are going out of town early tomorrow so I've got to pack us all up, get the laundry done, blah blah blah. 

     I warmed up leftovers for the fam, threw on my running clothes (a very cute hot pink skirt, I might add) and stepped out on the porch....You. Have. Got. To. Be. Kidding. Me. 

Rain!!!!! What the heck??!? It's been beautiful all day!!!

     So I'm out of my mind at this point thinking that I'm not going to get my run in outside. I just can't stomach the treadmill tonight. I need fresh air!!! I look up and see this HUGE rainbow stretched out perfectly. Rarely do you see rainbows from the start to the end. It was at that very moment that I yelled for my kids to come see it. They came running out of the house, picked up the puppies and wanted to get a pic! 

    I've been running a lot lately. Part of the reason is because I'm in training for multiple marathons. But another reason is because I've been going through some tough times.  A few weeks ago,  I walked away from a job (financial stability) that I loved with no new job in sight. That was one of the toughest thing I've ever had to do but my reasons for leaving are very personal along with travel demands.  (Thank you to my friends and family who have listened to me, dried my tears and helped me make the right decision. I love you all dearly for that). I've got some close family members going through some scary health issues and just today, I heard the most devastating news about some very close friends of mine that I'm still just in complete shock about. Mentally, I'm just drained. 

     So yeah. About that rain. 

     I'm taking the pic of my kids, the rain turns into a weird mist, the sky is kinda spooking me out a little bit....It's cloudy and sunny at the same time. I realize then that three of the most important people in my life are staring right at me and I've been questioning for over a year and a half what to do about my job situation, how to deal with a situation that I need to get a grip on and am I making the right decision?!? 

     Gaaaah. Yes I did. I know it now. 

     I'm a firm believer in the power of prayer. I hit "start" on my watch and started running. I prayed so hard for 3.1 miles. I'm so very thankful that I was given the clear head to make the right decision. So thankful that I have family and friends that support me in every way possible. So thankful that I was reminded tonight by that rainbow that I will be taken care of from start to finish. I have prayed for this clarity and I'm ever so thankful to have received it. 

     And to think that I was going to let a little rain get in my way?!? No way. I'm so much stronger than that. I know it now. 

On a brighter note...I just heard the dryer buzz. ;) 


     





No comments:

Post a Comment