Monday, June 9, 2014

Dopey Challenge/Chicago Marathon Training Update!

     Week one is in the books for Dopey Challenge Training! It seems like such a long road ahead but I know race day will be here before I know it!

     I got in four runs last week, felt great and even placed 2nd in my age group in a local 5K! Granted, there weren't a ton of people in the race but hey, I'll take a medal any day. Now that I'm over that 40 hump, I need all of the help I can get!! I'm not getting any younger. ;)
2nd Place in my age group!
#CityFest5k
     I even managed to get a 5k run in with my kids...and of course, they smoked me! My kids can get out there and run like nobody's business. They ran at a cool 8:30-9:00 pace and kept looking back at me and yelling for me to speed up! I probably need to run behind them every run...talk about motivation!
5k run with my kiddos!


     This is the schedule for Week 2 and the hubs and I are going for that 6 mile run this weekend...He is super excited. I am too. It's been really cool to see him go from not being able to run a mile straight through and then 8 weeks later, he's up to 6 miles. TRAINING WORKS. :)


6/9--Week 2
45 minutes
45 minutes
*3 miles
4 miles (6 miles)


     Happy Running and Happy Training!

**What race are you training for??




No comments:

Post a Comment