Wednesday, June 18, 2014

My 2015 runDisney Dopey Challenge Training Plan


Dopey Challenge with my girl @CarrieBurrows. :)
     I seriously can't believe that I am typing out a training schedule for Dopey Challenge again!! Wasn't I JUST running Dopey Challenge like yesterday???  I was really unsure if I was going to run it again because let's face it. 48.6 miles was not a joke and it was EXHAUSTING! The 2am wake up calls four days in a row were cuh-raaaazy. I trained for six months and I felt like I had lost 10 or pounds (or at least my jeans were pretty loose and it's a good excuse to say that I lost weight.) But honestly, I loved every minute during training, every pound lost and I loved every 2am wake up call. So there ya have it. I'm in. Back for round two. :)

      Regardless, I talked it over with my pal Carrie and we both decided that there was no way that we could NOT run it again! We had waaaaaay too much fun during the 2014 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend that we wanted to run all 48.6 miles together again! I will be honest with you and tell you that I've been a little "lost" since I crossed the finish line last year. I'm a "tracker" and I love crossing miles off a calendar. A little "run nerdy", I know.

     I've ran several races since Dopey last year and will run several more but Dopey Challenge was the Big Goal that I was training hard for so I wanna push myself again.

     What exactly is Dopey Challenge?? This challenge consists of four back to back races at Walt Disney World. We will run through the parks and complete a 5k (3.1 miles), 10k, (6.2 miles), a Half Marathon (13.1 miles) and a Full Marathon (26.2 miles) for a total of 48.6 mles.

     This year's training will be just a touch different than last year because through the middle of Dopey Challenge training, I'm also going to be in the heart of training for the Chicago Marathon. Not sure if I've posted it before but I've got some pretty big dollars on the line to help my hubby complete the Chicago Marathon in under five hours. I know that's not a big deal at all to alot of my runner friends but he's a brand spankin' new runner and this is going to be HUGE if he finishes in under five hours!

     We are up to five miles already and he's only been at it for about 8 weeks so I think that's pretty impressive. He couldn't run a mile all the way through when we started. I've been a little bit hard on him but he's up to five miles with no stopping now so I don't think that he's THAT mad at me. ;)

     So this is how it's going to go...Keep in mind that I have downloaded the Jeff Galloway plan from runDisney.com but I plan on running all of those miles and not walking. I also will substitute miles for minutes per say. Where I have listed "45 Minutes", I will swap those out for at least 3-4 miles, depending on my schedule and mood for the day. I will tweak my schedule to fit in some other local runs. We have some really great races here in the fall and I always try to support my local hometown races. I've also been throwing around the idea of adding in some new races that I've never ran before. More to come on those races later!

     I also do really well with running my long runs on Sunday so I will try to stick with that but If I have things come up, Saturday it is! I don't beat myself up if I have a bad week but I ALWAYS make up the mileage. Some weeks I'm just not feeling it and some weeks I just need a break. I am a normal Mom afterall, and marathon training zaps the life out of me. I have it scheduled where I will wrap up the training around the second week of December. This gives me plenty of wiggle room for the holidays if I need to juggle my weeks or if I don't get in all of the mileage and need to make some up. My family is crazy busy in December and sometimes my marathon training just doesn't take priority. Some things and people are just more important than marathon training. :)

     I have my Dopey Challenge training plan listed below with the Chicago Marathon Miles in parentheses and a star next to an added run for Chicago training. Hope it's not too confusing!

**Reminders to myself**
**Weekend Naps are a MUST
**I will avoid all fast food and desserts (I do this anyway, not just during marathon training).
**I will drink at least 100 ounces of water each day. Sounds like alot but it's HOT in Bama.
**I am planning on buying new shoes at some point in August.
**I always feel better crossing mileage off of the chart rather than looking at it still on the chart.
**The medals are waiting for me at the Finish Line. :)
**Next trip to Target, grab new headphones...need a spare set for the car!

Dopey Challenge                                                   
6/2--Week 1
45 minutes
45 minutes
*3 miles
3 miles (5.5 miles)


6/9--Week
45 minutes
45 minutes
*3 miles
4 miles (6 miles)

6/16--Week 3
45 minutes
45 minutes
*3 miles
3 miles (7 miles)

6/23--Week 4
45 minutes
45 minutes
*4 miles
5.5 miles (5 miles)

6/30--Week 5
45 minutes
45 minutes
*3 miles
3 miles (9 miles)

7/7---Week 6
45 minutes
45 minutes
*5 miles
7 miles (10 miles) (Alabaster City 5k)

7/14--Week 7
45 minutes
45 minutes
3 miles

7/21--Week 8
45 minutes
45 minutes
*5 miles
9 miles (12 miles)

7/28--Week 9
45 minutes
45 minutes
*6 miles
3 miles (13.1 miles)

8/4---Week 10
45 minutes
45 minutes
*4 miles
11 miles (10 miles)

8/11--Week 11
45 minutes
45 minutes
*7 miles
3 miles (15 miles)

8/18--Week 12
45 minutes
45 minutes
4 miles
*8 miles
13 miles (16 miles)

8/25--Week 13
45 minutes
45 minutes (5 miles)
*8 miles
3 miles (12 miles)

9/1---Week 14
45 minutes
45 minutes
*9 miles
5.5 miles
15 miles (18 miles)

9/8---Week 15
45 minutes (5 miles)
45 minutes (5 miles)
*9 miles
3 miles (14 miles)

9/15--Week 16
45 minutes (5 miles)
45 minutes (5 miles)
7 miles (10 miles)
17 miles (20 miles) (Talladega Half)

9/22--Week 17
45 minutes
45 minutes
*8 miles
5 miles (12 miles)

9/29--Week 18
45 minutes
45 minutes
*6 miles
6 miles (8 miles) (Tower 10-Miler and 5K)

10/6--Week 19
45 minutes
45 minutes
8.5 miles
20 miles (26.2 miles Chicago Marathon)

10/13--Week 20
45 minutes
45 minutes
6 miles

10/20--Week 21
45 minutes
45 minutes
7 Miles

10/27--Week 22
45 minutes
45 minutes
4 miles
10 miles
23 miles

11/3--Week 23
45 minutes
45 minutes
6 miles

11/10--Week 24
45 minutes
45 minutes
7 miles

11/17--Week 25
45 minutes
45 minutes
5 miles
12 miles
26 miles (Magic City Half)

11/24--Week 26
45 minutes
45 minutes
6 miles

12/1--Week 27
45 minutes
45 minutes
7 miles

12/8--Week 28
45 minutes
WDW 5k
WDW 10k
WDW Half
WDW Marathon

Happy Training and See you at the Castle!

*Are you training for a Marathon, Dopey Challenge or any other distance race during the 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend??


No comments:

Post a Comment