Sunday, October 19, 2014

My Salad Creation Sprinkled with Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts #Sweatpink

     While the rest of my fam was junking out on ball game food this weekend, I'm trying to stay on top of my marathon training game and not give in to garbage food. Trash food=Trash running. 

     I proceeded to clean out the fridge and get my kitchen in order. I'm a total wreck when my kitchen is a disaster.

     As I was cleaning out the fridge, I was also needing to cook up some lunch. Voila! I made up this little delightful healthy salad with items that I had but didn't really have enough of to do anything else with. 


 One of the things that I was really excited about was I was sprinkling Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts over the top over my creation. This product was very interesting to me but a little confusing also. The front of the package says "Sprinkle on a Salad, Cereal and Yogurt". I had no idea which of the three would be better. So I went with the salad option. 


My Salad Creation Recipe:
2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
2 small purple onions, sliced
2 avocados, chopped 
2 tsp balsamic vinaigrette dressing 
1/2 lemon, juice squeezed 

Greek Seasoning
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Mix all ingredients above and sprinkle with Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts, Greek Seasoning and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. 



     You may remember a few weeks ago when I tested out Manitoba Harvest Chocolate and Vanilla Pro 70 Hemp Protein Powder. Those drinks were delish so I knew that the Hemp Hearts would be good too. Read my post on those here. 

So what exactly are Hemp Hearts?? 



     "Hemp Hearts are the very best and most nutritious part of the hemp seed, the heart! By shelling the hemp seed, you get only the center--with its raw nutrition, rich nutty flavor and tender crunch. It's delicious. It's sustainable. And it's packed with goodness.  Hemp Hearts are lower in carbs than flax and chia: they are raw, vegan-friendly and Non-GMO."

My Review?? 
     These little seeds were great! They were a little bit crunchy, tasted nutty...kind of like a pine nut or sunflower seed kind of taste, they are healthy and I love the fact that I can sprinkle as much as I want and then store the rest. Hemp Hearts come in a zip-loc package and do have to be refrigerated after opening. 

Contest Deets:
      Now here are the deets on a fun contest from Manitoba Harvest! Create a recipe of your own using a Hemp Hearts, share your pics and tag @manitobaharvest. Use #Hemphearts and #SweatPink in your post to be entered to win a 5lb bag of Hemp Hearts. Contest ends November 30, 2014. 

Happy Running, Happy Cooking and Good Luck! 

For more information on Hemp Hearts and other great products from Manitoba Harvest, please visit www.manitobaharvest.com and use code HHSweatPink14 for 20% off your purchase. Discount Code expires November 30, 2014. 

Disclaimer: I was given a sample of Hemp Hearts to review and was also provided wth a discount code and contest details to provide to you! I liked the Hemp Hearts and highly recommend them! All opinions are my own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment