Thursday, December 20, 2012

My Lindy is cooking now!

 What?!?!! Lindy is cooking??? Oh my!!!
 
Well the time has finally come when I am going to teach my kids how to cook. I am debating on the best way to do this. I guess it's dive in and hope for the best! My oldest is taking Home-ec in school and is dying to learn how to cook, so she decided to try out a recipe at home that she learned at school. Let's just say we tweaked it a bit, added some cheese and cooked it differently in the skillet (yes, I use iron skillets) and pizza quesadillas were born! She did a great job, learned alot and we are now going to start branching out and letting her cook a couple of nights a week. I'm a little scared about this but hey, she's gotta start somewhere.
Pizza quessadillas in action!
 
 Justin ate enough and then decided to get a bowl of cereal. LOL.
Lindy with the finished product! I'd say she did pretty good! :)
Some of the quesadillas were a huge flop but for the most part, I think she did a fabulous job!  Now if I can only teach her how to clean up all of the messes. :)
 My baby is cooking!!
 Some need a little more help than others....work in progress. :)

Pizza Quesadilla recipe:
Ingredients:
Flour tortilla spread with butter on outside edges
Mozzarella or Mexican cheese
Hormel Perpperoni
Pizza sauce (for dipping)
 
Directions:
Heat the skillet (medium heat)
Spread the butter on outside edges of tortilla, place in pan and add cheese and pepperoni). Cook for a minute or two. Fold the edge over and cook for maybe 30 seconds. Flip and cook the other side for 30 seconds to a minute. Take out of pan, eat, dip in the pizza sauce and enjoy! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment