Friday, May 8, 2015

Klo's Backyard Bootcamp


KLo's Backyard Bootcamp
     Every once in a while, I have a little idea pop into my brain and I just gotta go with it. Introducing KLo's Backyard Bootcamp! By the way, KLo is my nickname from the people who totally "get" my silly self. 

     I was literally sitting on my recliner one night (my nighttime spot) and was texting back and forth with a friend about working out, gym memberships and different things like that. I thought, heck...she should just come over and I'd work out with her. 

     My little dream was born.

     I decided to have a few of my friends come over and we would get a good sweat on. I wanted to keep it simple. I wanted it to be good though. 

     One thing led to another and one friend invited another friend and the next thing I know, I've got 9 of us in my backyard kicking bootcamp butt!

     I have been studying. I've been watching tons of videos. I've been shopping for different workout toys. I'm a total nerd when it comes to things like this. But again. I want it to be good. I stressed for days about which exercises needed to go together. I got out in my yard and did this class several times before I would let anyone come over. What works. What doesn't work. I love it.

     My friends know that I'm a total goof so we have ALOT of fun with it. We make fun of each other. We encourage each other. We get a tough workout in and we have a blast.




What are we doing??
Here's a brief rundown of what's on our itinerary. Keep in mind...these exercises will change with each class. I've tried to combine a perfect mix of Strength Training, Crossfit, Insanity and Bootcamp.

Warm Up:
  • Jog in place
  • Jumping Jacks
  • Standing Knee lifts 
  • Squats
  • Plank
We repeat that warm up.

Next we move into Hill Sprints and then cool down.

We are right back into Mountain Climbers, Pushups and Squat Jacks.

Stations are next. 
  • Kettlebell Swings
  • Pushups
  • Anyway you want them-Situps
  • Squat/Bicep Curls
  • Burpees
  • Squat/Bicep Push Press
  • Jump Rope 
In my yard, I have three different levels of cross ties. We go there for box jumps and tricep dips. OUCH.

We are on the mats next for lots of ab/core work and then we cool down.

I'm LOVING my little Backyard Bootcamp class. The sun hits us when we start and goes down by the time it's over. I've downloaded a ton of crazy music and we get down with the get down!

     I just want to encourage everyone to get out there and do something that they would not normally do. Whether it's go to a class or decide to host one in your backyard...or whatever you want to do!!

     I'm usually kinda scared to step out and try new things like this but I really cannot say enough how much I'm enjoying my class. And what did I just say?? #MyClass. Seriously. I love it.

     I told them all last Thursday night that "we are the little bootcamp class that could". We are going to be so strong by the end of the summer. I have high hopes for my class and I just know that it's only going to get better from here!

Happy Running and Happy Dreaming up new dreams! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment