Tuesday, December 9, 2014

A Sports Drink made from Aloe Vera Plants?!? My pHenoh 7.4 Review


Welcome to my pHenOH 7.4 Alkaline Sports Drink Review!
     Trying out new products is always so intriguing to me especially when the products are something that I would have NEVER bought on my own. Introducing pHenOH 7.4 Alkaline Sports Drink! 

     When I was asked to try out this brand new Alkaline sports drink, I have to admit....I did not even know that sports drinks could be made from aloe vera plants!!! I'm a green thumb and have plants all over my house. My aloe vera plants are some of my faves. I use the aloe for all sorts of things but NEVER have I ever thought of drinking anything made from it.  Call me crazy but I have A LOT to learn when it comes to sports drinks. 

What's in pHenOH 7.4?
    This product is a sports drink that contains only 7 ingredients.
  • Organic Aloe Vera is a nutrient rich, natural anti-microbial with anti-inflammatory properties containing amino acids and glycoproteins needed for rebuilding muscles during and after exercise. It is also high in acemannan, which boosts immune function, kills viruses, and promotes healthy digestion.
  • Organic Agave Nectar provides a low glycemic index to promote a slower and stable effect on blood sugar. Inulin fiber helps to regulate the rate of nutrient absorption and suppress the discomfort of hunger.
  • Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) is an essential nutrient with a wide range of benefits including protection against free radicals produced during exercise, immune system deficiencies, cardiovascular disease, prenatal health problem and eye disease.
  • Dipotassium Phosphate is a natural mineral buffer that neutralizes acidic metabolites that are harmful to our health and contribute to fatigue. Research shows that our patent pending buffer system can dramatically increase the amount of oxygen delivered to our cells during exercise.
  • Magnesium Chloride allows for ideal absorption of alkalizing minerals like calcium, and also plays important role in proper metabolic function and cellular communication.
  • Natural Fruit Flavors used to provide Phenoh 7.4 with it’s refreshing taste do not contain any harmful additives or preservatives.
  • Water! It makes up about 60% of who you are!


A little more info about pHenOH 7.4: 

     Phenoh 7.4 is a paleo-friendly drink made with JUST 7 natural ingredients each playing an important role in promoting health and wellness. Phenoh 7.4 is made with the finest organic Aloe vera, sweetened with naturally low glycemic organic agave nectar, and is high in potassium with no added sodium. Phenoh 7.4 is also fortified with magnesium and vitamin C to promote healthy metabolism and help build a strong immune system. At just 30 calories per 8oz serving, Phenoh 7.4 is your healthy beverage alternative to sports hydration and everyday refreshment.

A Lesson in "ALKALINE":






The packaging: 


     With 2 servings per container, this drink contains 60 calories, 0g of fats, and is an excellent source of potassium! As a runner, I'm always looking at the sodium and potassium content of drinks. It's hard to find a healthy balance. 

     The packaging was "green" and easy to throw in my gym bag! I didn't have to worry about a bottle breaking. This drink was packaged in a durable recyclable paper container.

     I tried one at the end of my workout at home and one at the gym. At home, I poured it into a glass with no ice. At the gym, I drank the drink right from the carton. Both times I drank the drink at room temperature but I think I will prefer to drink it colder the next time. 

The results are in: 

     The look of this drink is yellowish in color, was not carbonated at all and had a mildly sweet taste. I could really taste the agave nectar sweetener and the aloe plant but it was was much different than I expected. I was expecting this drink to be either really really sweet or really salty like other sports drinks and it was neither of the two! I would describe it as a very smooth drink. Not too thick either.  Overall, I would recommend this drink to any of my runner friends and highly encourage them to try something totally different, something "green" and something alkaline. 

     Now for the most important thing for me....Did this drink cause stomach issues? For me, it did not cause any stomach issues at all. I was worried about this seeing how it was naturally sweetened with agave nectar. Typically, I don't drink any drinks with any added sugars or sweeteners so I wasn't sure how my stomach would react. So far, so good! 

     I apologize for the very un-glamorous post workout pic....my drink was much prettier than me! :) 

For more information on pHenOH 7.4, please visit phenoh.com for more details. 

Disclaimer: I was provided a case of pHenOH 7.4 to review and provide my honest feedback. All opinions are my own. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment