Friday, January 24, 2014

I'm a #DisneySide Host!


Yipppppeeeeee!! I'm a Host!!!
     Okay. I will admit it. When I first saw the notifications to apply to be a Host of a Disney Side @Home Celebration, I knew that it was something that I would apply for but NEVER thought I would be accepted and certainly had NO idea of what it was!!!

     So needless to say, when I received the email saying that I was chosen out of thousands who had applied, I was beyond excited. Anything that has to do with Disney and Party.... Oh yeah, I'm loving it already.

     What IS your Disney Side??

"Everyone has a Disney Side- that fun-loving adventurous spirit that comes out to play when you’re feeling the Disney magic! Whether you show your Disney Side through fashion, food, or your favorite characters, or frequent visits to Disney Parks, it’s time to let it shine. Gather your fellow Disney fans, grab your Mickey ears and prepare to sprinkle some pixie dust on those who cross your path as you let your Disney Side take over!"

  I later found out that the Disney PR team and  Leanne Jakubowski along with the one and only Maria Bailey, of Mom Talk Radio were the master party planners.  SO Cool.  I'm a total fangirl of Maria's and ANYTHING Disney, so without a doubt this is going to be just FABULOUS. 

 These are my tasks as far as what's expected from Maria and her team:
  • Available to be a host of a Disney Side @Home Celebration between February 15th and March 1st, 2014.
  • Host a gathering and invite friends to attend.
  • Share your experience online via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, your personal blog, and any other available social media channels.
  • Participate in a short online survey after hosting your party, and share links to your social media posts.
      The BEST part about this entire experience?!?  I really do get to have my OWN Disney Side party, however I see fit to have it!! Oh the ideas are just swirling in my brain. I'm pretty sure that I've narrowed it down to one or two things and now I just need to figure out how to tie it all in together. Stay tuned for this....it's going to be crazy fun!!

   The excitement has been building.  The anticipation is out of control. Maria has been posting teaser pics of boxes and boxes and boxes inside of U-Hauls FULL of party planning kits. She is sending them out in waves....Oh please let mine just get here already!!!

     Monday, I was working from home and guess who drives up?!? Yep. The UPS man. I almost knocked him out with the front door to see what he was bringing me. No Disney Side kit. ugh.
He's Here!!!
     Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday....I'm out of town for work. OMG. I'm not home to check UPS deliveries. I'm seeing on Facebook, Twitter, Blogs....."We got our kits! They are spectacular! There are suitcases inside!" I. CAN'T. TAKE. IT.

     Hubby calls me to tell me, "Hey Baby, You got a package in the mail from Disney". WHAAAAATTTTT???!!!? I'm ready to fly home right now to see what it is. I'm saying, "Describe the box. How big is it? Does it say Disney Side?" He says in his calmest voice. "No. This is small. You could fit it into one of the kids lunchboxes. I think it's another one of those Disney Magic Bracelet boxes that you keep getting." LOL. Now that made me laugh. Poor fella. He's just kinda clueless sometimes. That's alright. he plays along with my shenanigans.

     So okay. I'm heading home tomorrow and am hoping that my Disney Side @Home Celebration Kit will be waiting at my doorstep. Unopened. If my kids get their hands on it...Oh good grief. I can't even think about it!!

     I'll be posting on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and of course here on my blog all of the fun and exciting adventures of my DisneySide Party using the hashtag, #DisneySide!!

     For now, A BIG Thank you to the sponsors that are shipping my kit. I love you all dearly and cannot wait to be a part of this exciting campaign and receive my Disney Side @Home Celebration goodies!!




Disclaimer: I received free products in order to host the Disney Side @Home Celebration. The opinions expressed here are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment