Thursday, January 2, 2014

Pinterest Recipe! Happy New Year!

    Rarely ever do I make New Year's Resolutions. This year is no different..who am I trying to fool?!? I'm a busy busy mom. I would never stick to anything that is flavor of the day or trendy at the moment. Never have. Never will. 

     I'm a creature of habit, loyal to those who are loyal to me, advocate of healthy life choices and not very tolerant of people that are all over the place with crazy diets and fads. The last one is something that I probably need to work on. I'll admit that. :/

     So here it is, a brand new year. For a brief moment, after reading the zillions of posts about everyone's resolutions...I thought, "Should I make one? Just one? What would it hurt? You can stick to something. Surely you can."  Well. I did come up with one little tiny thing that I'm going to work on for next year, besides reading blogs and wishing people Happy Birthday on Facebook. ;) I'm terrible at those things...You know all of the hundreds of delicious and beautiful recipes that I've pinned on Pinterest?!?! Yeah. Now I'm actually going to make them! That's right. True Story. 

Here goes....
Cinnamon Streusel French Toast Bake...Warm from the oven!
     So the first one I made (Jan. 1...woah. I'm on my game) was the Cinnamon Streusel French Toast Bake. I tweaked the recipe that I found and it did not let it soak overnight. It was DELISH, super easy to make and feeds a large crowd! Not the healthiest recipe but that's not the goal here. :) 

Yep. It was as yummy as it looks!
  
   Try it out if you want to...Big Thumbs up from my bunch! 

Happy New Year!
**Do you Make New Year's Resolutions? And do you stick to them? 

Recipe Time!

Cinnamon Streusel Baked French Toast 

Ingredients:

1 loaf Bread...I used Italian
8 whole eggs
2 cups milk
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
3/4 cups sugar 
2 tablespoons vanilla 
1/2 cup flour 
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar 
1 teaspoon cinnamon 
1/4 teaspoon salt 
1 stick cold butter, cubed

Directions: 

1.  Grease a 9x13 pan. 
2.  Tear the bread into big chunks and place them in the greased pan.
3.  Mix together eggs, milk, cream, sugar and vanilla. Pour the mixture evenly over the bread. Cover and refrigerate over night. (I skipped this part and only let it sit for about 20-30 minutes) 
4.  In another bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Add the butter and mix until the butter comes out somewhat together, like little pebbles. 
5.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
6.  Take your pan with the soaking bread inside and sprinkle crumb mixture on top.
7. If you like soggier French toast, bake for 45 minutes and for firmer French toast, bake for an hour. 
8. Serve warm with maple syrup. 

Enjoy! And Happy New Year! :)
Check out some of my other yummy recipes here. 

Recipe tweaked from lovintheoven.com and ThePioneerWoman.


No comments:

Post a Comment