Tuesday, January 1, 2013

On the Hunt for a Good Oyster Bar!

     When I'm down on the Coast, I'm always on the "Hunt" for a good oyster bar. Well today I found one! Hunt's Oyster Bar in Panama City Beach, Florida was soooo yummy! First of all, the restaurant was small, quaint, painted bright yellow but was hopping with customers! 

 Hunt's Oyster Bar
     I ordered a Half Dozen Raw Oysters and a Seafood Mini Platter which included 3 oysters, 3 Shrimp, grouper and 3 hush puppies. All fried of course! For my side, I chose cheese grits. Who can go wrong with cheese grits on the coast?!?! All of it was delicious and I ate every bite. I did manage to snap a few quick pictures before I finished my entire meal. My favorite moment of the meal was when my server, "Bill", brought me a bottle of his own "Bad Bill" special sauce to try. He says its only for his customers and he grows his own peppers to use in it! I did try it on my oysters... Not bad!
 "BAD BILL" sauce.
      It's always a treat to stumble into the local oyster bats on the coast. Most of them are locally owned and their employees have been working there for a long time and have an incredible customer base! Thanks for the "Bad Bill" sauce, great service and delicious seafood! I will definitely be back soon!  
 Raw Oysters fresh from the Gulf!




No comments:

Post a Comment