Thursday, January 31, 2013

I'll Be There With Bells On!..... A #ThrowbackThursday Post!

Jingle Bells on my shoes!
Running through the streets of Birmingham hearing all of the jingling of the bells puts me in the Christmas spirit for sure!
     Jingle Bell Run 5K holds a very special place in my heart! This was the first 5K that I signed up for over 5 years ago and I've ran it every year since! This was the race that I fell in love with, got so mad in, felt like a runner (well sort of) and knew that I wanted to run more. I absolutely love running through the scenic parts of Southside Birmingham and I am one who actually enjoys the few hills on this course. The Arthritis Foundation is the charity for this race and so many are affected by it so I'm always more than happy to donate to this very worthy cause! And.....the t-shirts are always supercute too. That always helps! ;) This race usually falls on the first weekend of December and the weather is is usually COLD, however, it was unseasonably HOT this year! I don't mind the warm weather but it stays so hot here in Bama most of the time that I really look forward to the cold weather runs....  Oh well maybe next year.
 Hanging out with Santa after the run!


Only 50 seconds separated me from 5th to 2nd place. uggghhh. NEXT YEAR I'm placing.
 Yeah...I was photobombed by Santa Claus!
 LOL. #crazyman

Finish Line: Thanks for Jingling with us!

My Top Five Fave things about this race:
1.) My "Near to my Heart" Race
2.) Excellent Cause
3.) Jingle Bells on my shoes
4.) Santa is at the race
5.) Hot Cocoa and Coffee at the Finish!


Happy Running and Hope to see you with your bells on next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment