Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Road Runner Sports Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20 & R-Gear Review!

Over the years, I have tried out many many styles and brands of running shoes! Consistently, I return to Brooks. I'm a toss up between Adrenaline and Ghosts. I know, I know, most of you reading this are like...that's two completely different styles. One is neutral and is a stability option. My reasoning? BOTH feel great on my feet and keep my feet comfy when I'm changing up my shoes and running long runs. I do think mixing it up helps my feet stay balanced.

Today, I'm reviewing the brand new Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20's, the Women's R-Gear Recharge 2.0 Compression Tight and the Women's R-Gear Aero Fill Puff Full Zip Jacket.  But first, let me thank Road Runner Sports for providing me these awesome new kicks and apparel! I chose color option Red/Gold in shoes and Royal Night in the jacket and tights. I like something different and I thought all of these were such great fall colors!


First, the shoes! aaaaaaah!! They are just so beautiful! I love that I didn't even have to try the newer model on to know that they were going to fit. I ordered them online and they fit like a glove. I have a wide foot and the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20's have a wider toe box and offer plenty of stability. I felt like the GTS 20 version varied just slightly in the fact that they were a touch bigger, but not enough to make me order a half/size smaller. Does that make sense??? After I ran a few times in them, my feet were totally adjusted and now I'm ready to run some major miles in these lovelies!



https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1a67F2dbttRUulBGgo3NVmnz9XrC1s1fP


https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Oaqivo1QFhr_UXrPhSZDvOXjmX9sVL4d


Read below for all of the official specs on the Women's Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20!

Women's BROOKS® ADRENALINE GTS 20 :: Celebrate 20 years of speedy support in the new Women's Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20 running shoe. Spring off and land soft with full-length BioMoGo DNA cushioning underfoot. Shed bulk with a new streamlined engineered mesh upper as the knee-friendly GuideRails® of your Adrenaline GTS 20 help keep you aligned.

  • Engineered mesh upper with 3D Fit Print: Offers structure, comfort and a secure fit
  • Full-length, responsive BioMoGo DNA cushioning combined with DNA LOFT in heel: Provides a touch of spring underfoot and ensures super soft landings
  • GuideRails® Holistic Support System: Keeps you moving comfortably by keeping excess movement in check
  • 1000033347
  • Drop: 12 mm
  • WEIGHT: 9.4 ounces
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1qi0UO-Z8Escfh69lBwsSZvXnm-y5_C1c


https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=18I6r83nfTukvvpUx2fZq1hFxCkXPVVLt


Moving on to the apparel! Oh my gosh was I ever so excited to try out Roadrunner Sports R-Gear! From the moment I saw these tights, I knew that I was going to LOVE them. Hello. They had me at compression!!

I am not going to lie, I love any tight that offers a back zip, a snug waistband, side pockets, a super tight fit, reflective marking and BONUS!!...….fabulous color and ankle zipper!! These truly are a runner's dream! 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ks_utAVXVtMFw7zbOvc9fslECNpdg_QA

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1OND6n4UOzFng9MPIuXdr3QOgKARj_66f


The tag described these tights as "Perfect Fit" and I couldn't agree more! They are perfect!!
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1sOSBWhan0mCEdoQdCPZHikGu1Euoin_s


I laid these out on the table so that you can see the total picture! And yes, that's hand-made crocheted doily from my Gramma.:)

Read below for the official specs from Women's Road Runner Sports Recharge 2.0 Compression Tights!
Women's Road Runner Sports Recharge 2.0 Compression Tight :: Get top-to-bottom leg muscle support and moisture-wicking comfort in these full-length compression tights. Go the distance with chafe-free seams while breezy behind-the-knee mesh ventilates. Stay spotted with reflective zips at back ankles and bonded tape at side thighs for max visibility.

Key Features & Benefits

  • Flex Knit Fabric: Provides compressive fit for support in all the right places while aiding in recovery
  • Breathable: Mesh behind knees provides airflow to keep you cool while Flex Knit fabric wicks away moisture to keep you dry and comfortable
  • Storage: Two side hip pockets provide accessible and secure storage. Internal waistband pocket and back zippered pocket provide additional options for smaller stow & go items
  • Reflectivity: Reflective details on seams at thigh allow for increased visibility
  • Customizable Fit: Infinity draw cord inside waistband allows you to find your perfect fit
  • Run worry free with flatlock seams that won't chafe
  • 76% polyester/24% spandex
  • Mesh: 88% polyester/12% spandex
Last but not least, let's talk about THIS JACKET!!! I literally have not taken it off of my body since I received it!! I am in love with the color. In these pictures (and maybe it's because of my terrible iPhone camera quality but it looks a little too blue. The jacket and tights are called "Royal Night" which is more of an eggplant/deep purple color. Both are available in black as well!) It is super figure flattering. It is light weight but extremely warm!!

After I run, I usually cool down and it's hard for me to warm back up. I have been putting on this jacket after my runs and my cool down/warm up process has been AMAZING. I love the zipper pockets in the front. The mock turtle neck is great if it's really cold outside and there are thumbholes!! Let's hear it for the thumbholes!!

Just because it's a "puffy" jacket, that doesn't mean that it makes me "puffy". This jacket is so stream-lined...I'm sure that I will be wearing it with jeans, to run errands in, for recovery, and when it's cold enough...I'll wear it while running so just basically, I'll wear it everywhere!

My very last favorite feature about this jacket is that there is an easy-to-get-to-back-zippered-pocket and well as two inside pockets. Also available in black and I'm putting that option on my Christmas Wishlist!!

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1lj3iaPsKgh0OsxOakrib4m9rFWVjpJHj

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=15Wh_sUcUD-oCvEKGTsnte4m-gkjUXk8B

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1t571H5IMsfb5g84vZEZLhwgqObLanLcM

Read below for all of the specs on the Women's Road Runner Sports Aero-Fill Puff Full Zip Jacket!
Women's Road Runner Sports Aero-Fill Puff Full Zip Jacket :: Zip through your workout and your day in sleek, fitted comfort with this full-zip quilted jacket. Move with ease in action-oriented knit sleeves and side panels while a mock neck delivers extra warmth and protects from wind. Slightly flared at the waist for a just-right dash of style.

Key Features & Benefits

  • Lightweight Insulation: Keeps you warm without weighing you down
  • Storage: Zippered pockets provide accessible and secure storage
  • Side Panels: Elastic construction provide the perfect amount stretch for a comfortable fit without letting the elements in
  • Reflectivity: Reflective zipper helps you to be seen visible
  • Mock neck provides sleek, stylish look while providing extra coverage
  • Body: 80% polyester/20% spandex
  • Core: 100% polyester with DWR
  • Fill: 100% polyester high count
I hope that you will give all of these products a try! And thank you again to Road Runner Sports and Brooks Running for sending me these amazing shoes and apparel! I am currently in training for Walt Disney World's Marathon Weekend and I will put all of these to good use!!
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=16RUKVhXwJxJWwtGXO9DliLs8zNZdQc4f

Please excuse the Christmas decoration mess as I take a pic of my new shoes and jacket! Happy Running and See you all on the roads REAL SOON! xoxo
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1McfSggXJK23GsY2YEzvVWR00uRRIXR6i

No comments:

Post a Comment