Thursday, November 7, 2013

Cranberries, Cookies and Bogs...Oh My!



Ocean Spray Craisins--Proud sponsor of Disney Parks
  
   With all of the excitement surrounding the Cranberry Bog at Disney's Epcot International Food and Wine Festival, I decided to stock up a little more on one of my favorite snacks, Ocean Spray Craisins. I was hoping to make it to the festival  to be able to see the fabulous bog in person but it just didn't work out this year,  so cranberries at home it is!

Bogs Across America
Epcot®, Lake Buena Vista, Florida: September 27 - November 11, 2013
Ocean Spray will kick-off the magic of this year’s Bogs Across America tour at the most magical place on earth – theWalt Disney World® Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida! The bog will be open as part of the 2013 Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival from September 27 to November 11. Ocean Spray cranberry farmers and Disney cast members will be on hand with lots of information to share about how to make the cranberry a part of your healthy lifestyle.
Throughout the festival, Craisins® - the official fruit snack of the Walt Disney World® Resort and Disneyland® Resort - will be highlighted for visitors to better understand the opportunities that this delicious food has to offer. In addition to samples* offered bogside, Disney chefs will be demonstrating the versatility of Craisins® Dried Cranberries at theEpcot® International Food & Wine Festival. You won’t want to miss out on this!

     I knew that I wanted to make something sweet with these delicious berries so I looked up a few of their recipes on their website and even pinned a few to some of my Pinterest boards!! But then I thought...hey, wait a minute. They have recipes right on the bag! I'm going with that. Simple and easy.

So which recipe was on the back of the bag???

Oatmeal Crasins White Chocolate Chunk Cookies!
 Oh that sounds yummy. 
     I had all of the ingredients at home that the recipe called for except for the White Chocolate Chips. Whoops. I'm going with Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips instead. I KNOW my kiddos and hubby won't care!

So here goes...All of the ingredients mixed up!




    Next I popped the scoops of heaven into the oven. Yes, that's a Pampered Chef Pizza Stone that I've been using for at least 15 years. Hardly a day goes by that I don't use it.

     The finished product! I gotta admit...these cookies are DELISH!! The only thing that I will do the next time I make them,  is add more cranberries!!! I put in what the recipe called for but that just wasn't enough for me. I eat them by the handfuls right out of the bag! On my next batch of cookies, I'm not skimping!

The Nutritional Information for Ocean Spray Cranberries:

Here's the recipe!

Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Ingredients:

2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 5-ounce package Ocean Spray® Craisins® Original Dried Cranberries
2/3 cup white chocolate chunks or chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375ºF.

Using an electric mixer, beat butter or margarine and sugar together in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, mixing well. Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition. Stir in dried cranberries and white chocolate chunks.

Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.

Makes approximately 2 1/2 dozen cookies.

**Have you visited the Cranberry Bog this year at the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival?
For more information on Ocean Spray Cranberries be sure to check out OceanSpray.com

**Disclaimer:  I was provided by Ocean Spray some of the ingredients that were used in this recipe review.
 All thoughts and opinions are my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment