Monday, November 4, 2013

runDisney Night Race? Say Cheese!!

 One of my favorite pics from a runDisney race...Hangin' loose with Stitch!
(photo courtesy of runDisney)
     So here you have it. One look at this picture on the runDisney Facebook page and I just about lost my mind!!! Why you ask?? After seeing this pic, I realized that running with my iphone has been a HUGE mistake for the night races.
MY pic with Stitch from my iphone compared to the above pic. OMG. 

      I have run plenty of runDisney races (Half Marathons and Marathons) with my waterproof point and shoot but it will hardly hold a charge anymore and I've tried to simplify and only run with my iPhone. All of my pictures from The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler were just AWFUL. Sure, the race offers photographers along the course and I will most likely end up ordering some of those pics but come on let's face it, I like instant gratification. I want to tweet as I run and want to post pics immediately!

One bad pic after another.....

SERIOUSLY.
This really could of been one of the best pics from the whole night.
Entering in to Hollywood Studios...can you find me? Lol.

 Bad lighting and the iphone doesn't adjust...sorry Carrie!

The Start line to Disney's The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler.

Probably one of the best pics from the night on my camera roll. 
I was so excited about Jack Skellington and Sally...but it's SO fuzzy.

Really bad pic but the race was over at this point and I'm just happy to have it.

I managed to brighten this pic up a bit on Instagram. 


Lots and lots of Spooky-eyed pictures!

Running towards the Finish Line...SO blurry!

     I just couldn't take anymore of it!!! There has to be a solution. I found it!!!
Meet the newest member of my family. Introducing the Nikon Coolpix S800c.

     This camera is FULL of cool features! 16.0 megapixels, 10X Zoom and WI-FI...Yes!!! Of course I downloaded Twitter, Instagram and Facebook immediately and began to play with it! I even downloaded several of the pictures from this blog post straight from the camera and the Blogger app. I'm in love.

A closeup of my new baby!

 Nikon Coolpix S800c.

 Uploading Facebook!

 My first instagrammed pic uploaded straight from  my new camera.

 Love the crop/edit features.

 One of the first apps that I downloaded....Instagram!

A Tinkerbell Ringtone?!?!
 Oh I love you even more now!
     The first day I got my camera, I was actually going to a Rascal Flatts and The Band Perry concert so I did a little experimenting....Here are my results.

 Iphone Concert picture.

Concert pic with my new Nikon Coolpix camera.
Compared to the iphone pic, it's a million times better!

Crazy eyed pic of me but the you get the idea....
it's a crystal clear pic at night! I'll take it!
Hey Hey it's The Band Perry! WOW! I'm so impressed by this camera!
 

  Needless to say, I will NOT be running anymore of my night races without my new toy. I'm still reading and learning how to use my camera so I hope to have it mastered by my next runDisney race. Also, now that Wifi is available all over Disney Parks, this camera will be perfect!! I can upload pics while standing in line for Peter Pan's Flight....Yippeeeeee!

      The early morning race starts are dark and those pictures usually don't turn out too good either so this will give me just one more reason to be excited to get to the start line of Dopey Challenge in January (not that I needed another reason)!!

Happy Running, Happy Pics and Hope to see you at the Castle Real Soon!

For information on running future runDisney events be sure to check out runDisney.com.
For more information on my new super cool Nikon Coolpix Camera, check out Nikon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment