Monday, November 18, 2013

It's a HOMERUN for #OnTheRoadToDisneyParks Atlanta!



 Welcome to Turner Field runDisney!! Home of the Atlanta Braves....
You've hit a homerun today!!!
 #OnTheRoadToDisneyParks

 runDisney #OnTheRoadToDisneyParks
 This is what I see when I check in....I am in LOVE!!!
runDisney has come to ME. OMG!!!!!
 runDisney and #OnTheRoadToDisneyParks Atlanta....Score!!
      On a score from 1-10, I give the "On the Road to Disney Parks" and the runDisney Atlanta Meetup/Tweetup a PERFECT 10!!!!!!  When runDisney announced that they were going on the road and that their first stop would be Turner Field, Home of the Atlanta Braves... I nearly flipped out!! This is practically in my back yard and I knew I wanted to try to get in on this!! I was one of the lucky 100 people chosen and I could not have been more excited!!!
     I had really high hopes for this event and of course my pals at runDisney and Disney Sports did not disappoint!! The event was full of great speakers, a couple of surprise Mice guests, a great two mile run through Turner Field and lots of friends!!!

     As we walked in to Turner Field, I noticed that runDisney was on the big screen and the stage was set!!! OH MY GOSH. runDisney has taken over Turner Field....YES!!!!!
 runDisney takes over Turner Field.....LOVE it!!!!!
 Early morning pic in Atlanta!
 The iconic Braves Baseballs in the front of Turner Field.
     On display at check-in was this fabulous display of runDisney bling...I am proud to say that I will be earning at least 9 of these medals during Dopey and Glass Slipper Challenge. I could look at these day! And this medal rack....Can I put this on my Christmas list PLEASE????

A beautiful display of runDisney bling...I want them all!

     After checking in and changing into our most awesome runDisney/ESPN Wide World of Sports/On the Road to Disney Parks Atlanta Tech Shirts, we are ready to meetup with friends and run! We are welcomed by the runDisney and New Balance Crew where they go over some "Good Form Running" techniques and we're ready to run!!
I have a feeling this wont be the last pic that we'll have together...Rikki is a runner! :)
You can check out Rikki on BeOurGuest Podcast.
(photo courtesy of runDisney)
     We can choose which group we want to run with, either the "Run straight through group" led by runDisney's own, Bob Hitchcock or the "Run/Walk group" led by Olympian Jeff Galloway! I chose to run with Bob...so here we go!

     We start out on Hank Aaron Drive. Really?? I'm running down Hank Aaron Drive?? Just the name and the location of this street is a really cool icon all in itself!
 We ran down Hank Aaron Drive...How cool!

     Up next, we ran underneath the 1996 Olympic Rings......WOW! I've driven past here lots of times but never thought I would be running underneath them, much less with runDisney. I'm still in awe.
 Seen on my run. The Olympic Rings!

 I scrapbooked my trip to the Olympics...now I would blog it. :)

     As I was running underneath the Olympic Rings, I was remembering some of the times from when I was able to attend the 1996 Olympics. This was the scene of the Olympic Village and Turner Field! It was PACKED with people! I was supposed to attend a few events and then the bombing happened. :(
 Scenes from Olympic Village and Turner Field

     I returned to the Olympics the day that we were able to come back after the bombing. Here' the pic that I took of the bomb site. Woah. This was a sad sad day.....
 At the Site of the 1996 Olympic Bombing. :(

 The Bomb Site Memorial

     In spite of the bombing and everyone not really knowing what to think about it, the American spirits were high and we had a GREAT time! I was 23 years old at the time and in college having the time of my life!
 1996 Summer Olympics with my BFF, Paige...I wore cutoff shorts! Oh my!!

     So back to the Meetup details....We passed by this Phil Niekro Statue and headed back inside Turner Field. We're in Braves Country!
 Seen on my run...Soon to be Vintage Turner Field!

 Running in to Braves Country!

 This was the scene as we ran back into Turner Field!
     As we went back inside Turner Field, we headed to the infield! We stopped for lots of pics.
 Being all by myself on the field at Turner Field...Priceless! 

I'm convinced that the most magical things happen when you runDisney. :)
 On the field with one of the best Team Moms...Angie from the Disney Parks Moms Panel.
She offers all kinds of great advice and tips when it comes to planning your next vacation and
 visiting the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
 Feel free to ask her any questions that you may have on the Disney Parks Moms Panel Website.

 Seriously. Do I REALLY have a picture with
Minnie Mouse next to home plate at Turner Field???

 On the field of Turner Field!!!
 #OnTheRoadToDisneyParks with Minnie and Carrie!
(photo courtesy of runDisney)
 The "Run" Group stopped for a quick pic with Minnie and then we were off to run again!

 Running through an EMPTY Turner Field with nothing but my runDisney Peeps!!!!
BEST DAY EVER!!!
     As we finished the run, we met back up with friends, had a yummy breakfast and were ready to hear from the guest speakers.
I was SO excited to see Mary Jo in Atlanta at Turner Field!
She's One of the Biggest Braves Fans that I know!!
 While we may not be for the same SEC football team,
we are totally on the same team for runDisney and Disney Sports!
Roll Tide DFreeeeezy! ;)

 It's Super Fast-Lead the Pack- Bob Hitchcock!
 I cannot help but to laugh when I see this picture..
This is a crew!
#WhyIRunDisney

 Team runDisney in the House!!
Wanna be a part of this super fun group?? Check out their Facebook page!
 I've had SO much fun getting to know THIS girl!!

 Breakfast is served!
Breakfast! My favorite...lots of fruit and Blueberry Chobani!
 Time for an ALL-STAR  LINEUP of guest Speakers!!
     The folks at runDisney let us know that they will be launching a new Hashtag to be used on Instagram for you to be able to tell YOUR story just why YOU run Disney! Make sure to hashtag your pics #WHYIRUNDISNEY. Bob Hitchcock just might come to your house and want to hear your story!! How fun is that?!?!!

     We heard from Warren Green at Runner's World Magazine and I want to participate in the Runner's World Challenge during Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend more than ever now!

Jeff Galloway giving us some run/walk tips!
     Jeff Galloway, the official runDisney Training Consultant,  always gives the runDisney runners helpful insight on how to maintain a good pace, tips about the run/walk method and is always so encouraging to everyone. He lets us know that "Anyone can run a Marathon". Love him!
 My Mom won the new Jeff Galloway Trail Running Book
     Listening to Tara Gidus speak is always a personal favorite of mine. I am fascinated by just how much nutrition, good and poor, affects your running performance. She tells us today why some people actually GAIN weight while marathon training. EEEEEK!!!  Find out more about it here on the runDisney website blog.
 runDisney's nutritional expert Tara Gidus explaining why we
might actually gain weight when we train for a marathon
     I think that we were the most excited to hear from this next speaker! It's Ali from New Balance!! Our friends from New Balance are here today to give us the official Sneak Peak of the characters featured on the new 2014 runDisney shoe. We were all dying to hear the news!! Watch the Sneak Peek of the new 2014 New Balance/runDisney shoe here!

 Ali from New Balance gives us the scoop on the 2014 New Balance/runDisney shoe!
She just announced that there will be kids shoes!! WOW!!!
There will be lots of happy little feet at the 2014 Kids Races!!!

 The Men's shoe will feature Sorcerer Mickey and the
Women's will feature "Pink Minnie" from New Fantasyland!

     And finally, saving the BEST for last....It's time for pics with Mickey and Minnie!!!! I'm still really in just in LOVE with the idea that they came to see me!!! As much as I love running through Disney Parks,  this was just the coolest. I'm hoping to see them on the road again real soon!

 I think this may be my most favorite picture EVER.
#MickeyANDMinnieSelfieLOVE
 NEVER thought I'd see the day when I was getting a pic with
 Mickey and Minnie in Atlanta with my Mom...BEST!!
#WhyIRunDisney


 Awww...Is this not the sweetest?!?!
See Ya Real Soon #OnTheRoadToDisneyParks!
     THANK YOU runDisney, Disney Sports and Atlanta Braves for a GREAT meetup! You guys are the BEST and I can't wait to run with you again in January!!

Happy Running and See you at the Castle!!!!

**For more information on future meetups like these and other runDisney events, please visit Disney Parks Blog, Disney Sports and  runDisney.com.

**For more information on Turner Field and the Atlanta Braves, please visit AtlantaBraves.mlb.com








No comments:

Post a Comment