Thursday, September 10, 2015

Girl. What has happened to you?!?

I wouldn't trade this picture for anything in the world.....
A reminder of where I once was,  where I am now and just how much hard work it's going to take me to climb up to the top of the mountain again.
AND I WILL CLIMB THAT MOUNTAIN AGAIN.

"GIRL. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO YOU?"

If I've been asked once, I've been asked a million times....

My answer: "Well. I was trail running with my running group at Oak Mountain and rolled my ankle. I heard it break and the rest is history. AND THEN I WALKED A MILE AND A HALF OFF OF THAT MOUNTAIN. #WorstMileAndAHalfOfMyLife
King's Chair at Oak Mountain with my #CoolChicksOldGuys. <3

I downplayed it at the time with my friends. I made my daughter drive me up to the Urgent Care. NO WAY that I was going to admit how hurt I was to my husband. I was more than embarrassed. And MAD.

Yep. That's my story.
Big Giant Ankle---Pre-X-Ray

Geez.
Broken Fibula and unattached Ligament.

I'm still in shock. My entire life has been affected by one stupid break of a fibula bone. The ligament is just floating around in there too. Lovely.

Today, three days later...my leg is just killing me. This hurts like a mother. I'm a little bit bitter. I logged onto Facebook and all of my Social Media only to see over 500 comments of well wishes and "get better soons". So very thankful for all of those.

However, I'm angry at a few people in my life who really have either blown me off or just don't care enough to pick up the phone and check on me. There I said it. I'm angry.

I'm worried to death about my job. I've worked really hard for the last several months to be able to teach fitness classes and I'm just devastated by all of this.

I'm not worried about running. I have strong legs. I know that. I will run again. And it will be SOON. My personal trainers at work were already giving me some good exercises and want to work with me. I'll be fine on that end. I'm actually kind of excited to be able to see how I will progress and heal. I'm a tracker so this is right up my alley.

But today, I'm a mental mess. I guess that just goes with the territory of being injured.

I don't depend on anyone to do anything for me. Never have. So this is just making me nutty. I really haven't eaten in three days. Thank goodness for protein shakes.

And for those who know my silly side....I am ever so thankful for Loratab and the fact that Justin Bieber is on the Today show this morning. I can't escape it. #WhatDoYouMean.

That's gonna be my comeback mantra. LOL. #WhatDoYouMean

My diagnosis? I have three very active kids, a husband, two dogs and a 90 year old grandmother to take care of. I'm out of my mind watching the laundry pile up. I'm out of my mind knowing that i need to make a trip to the grocery store. I'm out of my mind sitting in this house. AND IT'S ONLY BEEN 3 DAYS.

Orthopedic Dr. says that I need to be in the boot and crutches for at least 4 weeks. At 6 weeks, I can return to light running provided I'm healing properly...I'll know more about that in 2 weeks with follow up X-rays.

In the meantime, I'm not feeling sorry for myself. I'm taking this time to just get it all out and focus on healing. And. It's okay to be mad. Yep. I gave myself permission to be mad.  I won't stay mad forever. Heck, I may not even be mad 20 minutes from now. I'm usually the type that's pretty quick to get over things. But right now? I'm mad.

I just keep thinking...this time next week will be so much better. I really do believe that and I'm hanging on to that.

Thanks to all who have listened to me vent. I'll be ROCKIN' DA BOOT for a while.  I won't give up. I'm going to work really hard to be healed properly.  And by gosh, I marched myself into the Orthopedic office wearing a Dopey Challenge shirt and my Doc said..."Well I can already see that you are one of those people". He says no more major challenges. I said "I'll bring you the medals".

That's my story and THAT's what has happened to me.

Happy Running and Happy Healing! :)))

Ready to conquer the world...In my boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment