Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Best of RunDisney 2012

I *CAN* GO THE DISTANCE. :)

How honored was I to be scrolling through the RunDisney Facebook Page and suddenly see my pic as one of the Top 20 "Best OF 2012"?!?!?! OMG!!!! The Facebook page is running a contest and the top 10 pic/quotes with the most "likes" will be featured along the course of the Walt Disney World Marathon. Double OMG!!!!!

I can't even imagine running along and coming up on this quote....they say in a marathon you hit the wall and if that's the case, I may have a complete meltdown!!! I love running through Disney Parks more than anything so this has completely put a perfect end to a perfect year of running Disney!!!

The pic was taken at the Neverland 5k (5k during Tinkerbell Half Weekend ) Start Line. Normally, I run with lots of friends and family but on this particular race, it was a night race and I was fired up! Living in the South and near Walt Disney World, I don't get out to Disneyland as much as I would like to so I had to make the absolute most of it!!! I ran the whole thing by myself and felt like a ROCKSTAR!! I had never ran through the parks by myself and I just wanted to be a big 'ole running kid again!

I was thoroughly impressed with the Tinkerbell Half and will definitely mark it on my calendar to do it again. Although I haven't registered this year for Tinkerbell Half, I am running the 20th Anniversary Walt Disney World Goofy Challenge during Marathon Weekend, consisting of the Half Marathon on Saturday and the Full Marathon on Sunday. I even decided to make it unoficially "Dopey" and add in the 5K on Friday. I'm following that up by running the 5th Anniversary Princess Half Marathon  and 5k in February. Whew!! That's a ton of running...but a ton of Disney bling too!!!

They also say that a picture is worth a thousand words, but I can't keep looking at the smile on my face in this pic. It's worth waaaaaay more than a thousand words to me. RunDisney.... I love you and I can't wait to take a thousand more pics running through the parks just like this!!!!!!!

Don't forget to check out RunDisney.comRunDisney on Facebook and Disney Parks Blog  for all of the latest and greatest updates on what's going on at the Happiest Place on Earth!

Can you tell that I'm excited?!?! Lots of !!!!! in this post!!!!
Happy Running to you...see you at the Castle!

**Photo taken by Disney

2 comments: