Friday, January 23, 2015

Running With My Funk. #ME


Rarely do I ever post too much about my personal life here on my blog but lately, I've just been in a mental funk. When I get that way, I usually turn to running. I love that about myself though. I turn.

I hate conflict. I hate drama. And I hate people that act dumb. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm a total goof by nature. That's not what I'm talking about here. 

I am struggling with a lot of personal issues. I'm struggling with just being "me". 

I like "me". I think I'm a pretty cool chick. 

I wear ALOT of hats in my house. We are a family of six plus two dogs and I do it all. Blah blah blah....every Mom does it all. That's not a news flash. And I'm not complaining. 

But "Me" is tired. Not the Mom "me". Not the wife "me". I'm talking about the Kristin "Me". Mentally worn out. 

I just realized that most people online don't even know me by my real name. Who IS that girl? 

I love to race, I love to seek out new adventures, I love to just dream. But what I love and what everyone else need from me are two different things. 

Over the last few weeks, I've been shut down and I really hate that. Mentally, I just can't go there. 

I love my job. I love my life and my fam. But I do not love being shut down. 

I do not wanna be in a mental funk so I'm releasing that. I'm not running from this. I'm running WITH my funk. I don't know all of the answers nor do I care to right now. 

I am going to stay on top of my game though. I won't give in to negativity. And I will keep dreaming big. 

I love most of the hats that I wear in life but I've got room on the hat rack for a couple more that mean something to me.  

I know that everyone goes through ups and downs in life and I'm totally prepared for the ride. Until I figure out how to get a grip on my hat rack situation, I'll keep pushing forward. 

So today I put on my favorite purple pants and took it to the gym. I needed to vent. I needed some "me" time. I got my "me" time and I got a clear headed workout. I've got a fire lit and I'm not backing down anytime soon.  I still like "me". Issues and all. I'm gonna keep that feisty "me" girl around for a while! 

That Kristin is a tough cookie and I like her. :) 

Happy Running and Happy "Me". :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment