Thursday, February 6, 2014

Bye Bye Clutter


     So far, I must say that 2014 has been off to a GREAT start! I've ran a Marathon, a Half Marathon, a 10K and 2 5k's so far!  I've got 3 More Half Marathons, a 10k, 2 5k's and a full marathon scheduled all before May. That's what I know so far.

     With the good comes the bad and I've had alot of things going on in my personal life for the last couple of years that I'm finally able to say good-bye to. That's a good good feeling. Bye Bye baggage. Bye Bye things that are annoying me. Bye Bye obstacles. BYE BYE CLUTTER.

     I let some things go and there's no looking back! Simplicity takes Courage. I faced my fears, eliminated a few things and am taking charge. I am my own Boss.

     You know that ole' saying "Clean Out the Clutter"? That's exactly what I've been doing lately. Unfortunately, it's clutter that's causing distractions and not actual clutter inside of my house! Umm yeah. I need to do that too! IKEA Road Trip anyone? ;)

     My house still needs a little bit of a makeover. Three kids, two dogs, one husband, one grandmother and a mom who keeps everything can accumulate ALOT of clutter!

I really to frame this and hang it by the front door
 as a disclaimer for anyone about to enter! :)

     That's alright. That kind of clutter I can deal with. Most of those "things" are things that mean something to me and I wanna keep for a while. I'll get in a purging mood soon and get rid of a ton of stuff. I usually have to be in that kind of "mood" and trust me, my family hates to see that side of me.

     It's the clutter of negative people, stuff getting in the way of staying focused, not spending time with those most important to me. That kind of clutter just has to GO.
Love this! Bye Bye Clutter!
     The hubby and I have made a few long term goals...so far so good.  We both felt like we were kind of spinning out of control for a while and that's just not a good feeling. Chaos was consuming us and we don't deal well with that! We're a busy busy family. We don't have time for chaos. It's time to slow things down and say the word NO. No more unwanted Chaos.

     Slowing down is something I don't do well either. I've never met another runner that wants to be slower...it's just not in my nature! Some things just have to be done though...and slowing down is one of those things. Help me now. Did I just say the words SLOW DOWN? I don't really mean that you know. Not in a runner kind of way. I mean it in a slow down, re-evaluate, focus kind of way.

     Moral of the story...I'm enjoying the new year, I'm cleaning out clutter and I'm slowing down.
Sounds like the making of a Bizarro New Year's Home Improvement Show followed by a nap!

     I think I will go get in my comfy clothes (after my super speedy run) and get cozy on my couch.  I think I'm going to like this slow-down thing. ;)


**What's cluttering your life?






No comments:

Post a Comment