Thursday, May 30, 2013

RunGuard...#RunProtected

 My RunGuard Sample!
     After participating in a Twitter Chat Party hosted by #RunChat, I was lucky enough to receive a sample of the product RunGuard and a coupon for a Buy one, get one free 2.7 oz chafe stick! RunGuard is an anti-chafe product...similar to BodyGlide.  I had the option to pick from the website either scented or unscented. Without being able to smell it in person, I went with the unscented...smells bother me. Also, it had a cute little pink lid (the other had blue). No brainer! I like pink. :)
     The sample is a .5 oz. container but plenty big enough for me to use a few times. It also came with a comparison chart to BodyGlide which I thought was very useful. I was sold on the price value alone when compared to BodyGlide.

     Here are the disclaimers on the Comparison Chart:
*VALUE
RunGuard--.5 oz for $3.95 ($7.90 per ounce), 2.7 oz for $12.95 ($4.80 per ounce)
BodyGlide--.8 oz for $8.01 ($10.01 per ounce)

*PACKAGING
RunGuard--No unnecessary packaging, less plastic and waste
BodyGlide--Contains unnecessary and wasteful plastic clamshell packaging, Increases cost, shipping, storage and waste

*FORMULATION
Common Ingredients:
1. Allantoin
2.Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Aloe Vera)
3. Capric/Caprylic Triglycerides
4. Tocopherol (Vitamin E)
5. Tribehenin

Run Guard--Natural and Organic Ingredients
6. Beeswax
7. Organic Carnauba Wax
8. Jojoba Oil (Moisturizer)
9. Shea Butter (Moisturizer)

BodyGlide
6. Cetearyl Alcohol
7. Glyceryl Behenate
8. Glyceryl Dibehenate
9. Ozokerite Wax
10. Stearyl Alcohol
11. FD&C Red No. 40

So now for my Review....
     I didn't really have any major problems that I thought would need RunGuard on other than the fact the bottoms of my feet were on fire. Backstory...It was 87 degrees and extremely humid in Birmingham yesterday and I wore open toed high heels all day to work at an outside event. I did not realize that my feet were just rubbing the wrong way against my shoes. It wasn't anything that would have made me run out to the store to get something for relief (I have a very high tolerance for pain) but since I had my sample,  I decided to rub some on the bottom of my feet. I could not believe the difference after I got done running last night. WOW. The fire was gone! I did not realize how much my feet were in need of something soothing until then.  I do tend to chafe more in the cold winter months than the hot summer months. The worst is getting in the shower in the winter and realizing that the damage has already been done! I'm going to be a new user of this product and try to wear it for preventative measures instead of waiting until the problem arises!
     Overall, I give RunGuard a big "Runner's High Five" and will definitely be ordering more! Big Thanks to #RunChat for hosting the Twitter Party and to RunGuard for giving away your awesome samples!
**Don't forget to follow both RunGuard and #RunChat on Twitter!


No comments:

Post a Comment