Friday, March 15, 2013

Fried Oreo Goodness


So THIS just happened a couple of nights ago at my house. Yep. That's right. FRIED OREOS!!! I've been to several craft shows, county fairs etc. where these types of desserts are sold and I'm a big fan of funnel cakes and Oreos so I thought we'd give to a whirl here at my house.  I live in Alabama and we'll fry up anything around here.
I have given up desserts for almost 9 months now, so I don't really recommend this activity if you are trying to kick the sweets habit! I'm frying these up for the kiddos and the hubby tonight. I may take a bite but that will be about it! :) So here's how it went...

Ingredients:

  •  OREO cookies (We used Double Stuffed just to add to the craziness!)
  •  Vegetable oil (for frying)
  •  Funnel Cake batter (need One egg and water for this mix)
  •  Powdered sugar (to sprinkle on after they cool)



We followed the funnel cake batter instructions on the box, mixed in one egg and water, dipped the oreo in the batter and dropped in a preheated pan of vegetable oil (around 1/2" deep). Fry for a min or two on each side until golden brown and then place on paper-towel lined plate to absorb grease. After the fried cookies, yes I just said fried cookies, cool then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
**Eat, Enjoy, Repeat!!
The first batch going in for the fry!

A plate of the finished project!
These poor little Oreos didn't make the "fry-cut". We had to eat these plain. :(


Mix it up with Golden Oreos....they are just as yummy!


One last picture of this fried up fabulousness! 









1 comment:

  1. Wow! Those look amazing! A restaurant here serves them for dessert. You're right, we will fry up just about anything in the south! lol

    ReplyDelete