Thursday, December 26, 2013

From our "House" to Yours...


Christmas Morning :)
      One of our favorite family traditions for Christmas Day is going to Waffle House for breakfast! I can honestly say that my kids probably anticipate this more than opening gifts. Crazy right?! 
     
      I try to instill in my kids is that Christmas is not all about gifts and Santa, there is a real reason that we celebrate this holiday and without the birth of baby Jesus there would be no Christmas.  While gifts, parties and Santa are all fun parts of the Christmas Holidays, being together with family, giving to others and celebrating the true meaning of Christmas always holds a special place in my heart. 

     Now how does this all tie in to the Waffle House?! Well. I'm not really sure that it does other than it's a crazy tradition that my kids, hubby and I love to carry on. Over the years we've set up rules to along with this breakfast.
1. NO makeup. Go how you look when you wake up. This applies to the girls, even when they are grown. :) 
2. You MUST wear your new Christmas Pajamas.
3. You always leave a tip (along with a generous dollar tip) of Fresh Baked Cookies... Enough for all of the staff working on Christmas morning. 
4. You MUST humor Mom and take a family photo (taken by a stranger) inside or outside of the Waffle House. This will be the only family photo that Mom will require all day. 
5. You will eat all of your breakfast. This rule never gets any argument. ;) 

     I love that my kids love this tradition and don't get caught up in missing the true meaning of Christmas...Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and Happy and Healthy New Year! 

*What are some of your family's craziest Holiday traditions? 


No comments:

Post a Comment